New Members/Old Members: Introduce yourself!

Wow. That setup! :drooling_face:

And that log is fantastic to see. Stories like that make all of us happy here at Sense.

unpinned #82

Hello All,
Name is Louie, Ham Radio call sign KA2PFL. Retired Electronics Technician. Been working in the Electronics field my whole life, everything from owning a TV service shop in the 80’s to maintaining a statewide 800 MHz trunking radio and microwave system.

Hobbies include Electronics (of course) Ham Radio, Sailing, Motorcycle and Bicycle riding, Off Road riding in our restored M151A2 Military Jeep.

Installed Sense Solar 2 days ago. Solar system is a leased 5 kw 25 panel enphase inverter system. Purchased Sense mainly to keep tabs on usage versus net meter surplus. We can heat our home with gas hot water baseboard or minisplit heat pumps. Usually our net surplus allows us to heat our home until December with heat pumps.

This year, went overboard with heating the garage (projects) and had my first electric bill in 7 years. Hopefully Sense will make me more aware of my net surplus and keep me from going over my net credit.

Great to have you @Louie

KJ4MSA

I’m Mike and I am trying to become more energy efficient. I purchased my sense just over a week ago and installed it myself this past Friday in the panel but didn’t like it in there and then reinstalled it Saturday outside the panel. I am a Chief Electronics Technician in the United States Coast Guard with almost 19 years experience and a background in radar technology/ instructor, communications technology/instructor, 2M repair technician/instructor and an MTR technician/instructor. I have a ring doorbell, Arlo smart cameras, OWL security cameras, Amazon echo plus, Philips Hue light bulbs, Ecobee3 smart thermostat with three remote sensors, MyQ garage door controller, I drive a 2014 BMW i3 REX and every single light in my house has been replaced with LED lights. I know I am missing something but i think thats a good enough start. What’s your favorite type of barbecue? ummmmmm that would have to be vinegar based Carolina barbecue of course.

Do you post on Reddit? Nope
Have a Twitter handle? Nope and my only social media is Facebook

Welcome @Louie and @mike_gessner!

Hi All,

I’m a casual Sense user looking to gain more insight into my power consumption and costs. I’ve had my Sense monitor learning for over a year now.

JB

I just got my Sense late last week and installed it on Saturday (only a few bumps in the road to get it running!). I got a bunch of wirelesstag sensors almost a year and a half ago, so I could take a data driven approach to moisture issues in our crawl space. I do work around the public sector, but I’m an EE by education. Bullocks BBQ.

I think you will really enjoy the information available here.
Welcome!
And here is a post with the users names you will really want to get to know.
They will help you tremendously and all of them are very helpful to those of us that are new. I’m a month in.

Thanks, Dan!