Possible to create multiple accounts connected to same Sense device?

My wife set up the initial account after we got our Sense installed. However, I’m the primary user of the app. Whenever I’ve submitted feedback from the app my wife gets emailed about it. Is there a way to create a separate account using a separate email and have it linked to the same Sense device?

35 Likes

It would be really nice if you could add “guest” user. That could see the data, but not edit it.

6 Likes

Agree, I have things setup to receive alerts about all kinds of things, but there are just a few that my wife would appreciate.

For example, to get alerted that the “washing machine has been off for 15 mins”, so the clothes don’t sit there for hours before someone knows to move them to dryer.

(I can’t use the “turned off” event because it happens about 8 times in a single wash cycle, so have to use the custom alert with time).

It would be great if she can have her own simpler access, whether configured by me, or directly in her app.

2 Likes

My wife installed the app on her phone wanting to play with notifications. I signed her in under my login thinking it wouldn’t be a big deal. Turns out notification settings are synced across devices (cool) so all my notifications on mystery devices were sent to her phone as well as mine. This caused her to promptly remove the app.

Now i am guessing this would be a low usage feature, so maybe it can be grouped in if you guys do api/app/integrations permissions. Example: Create new access token and permissions for X integration or user. Feature development freebie :slight_smile:

22 Likes

I had the same thing happen.

2 phones, 2 laptops, 2 ipads… notifications are like music all over the house :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Noted! Thanks for the suggestion. Be sure to ‘like’ the topic so we have a rough count on the # of requests for this feature.

2 Likes

Drives everyone in our house crazy but me. Worth every beep, bell and chime. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Note overlap with this thread, maybe merge:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Previously Submitted to Support :slight_smile:

Apr 11, 10:32 EDT

I would like a contractor to have access to information on my Websense account information.
I would prefer not to provide him with the account name I use (My Account) and passwd.
Also I would like to control things such as changing modification Etc of the interface without allowing my contractor to do it the same.

Hydrawise (My Agg water controller) has a complete system for Contractors as well as my own account.

It might not be a bad idea to do this in several phases.

1. Link two accounts to the same equipment (fairly easy).
  2. Arrange limits control on 2nd acct from 1st acct (Not that easy).

Might allow 2nd account either the App or Web but not both.

Carol
:seedling::hugs::fallen_leaf:

4 Likes

+1 This would also be useful for other purposes, such as letting less technically savvy family members look at the data without the risk of making inadvertent changes. Or also being able to let a friend explore the data on the app as part of deciding whether Sense may be for them (I have done that often with e.g. trendweight.com which plots data from a Wifi scale, and multiple people have gone on to use it based on being able to look at my data).

4 Likes

Just got sense and immediately was looking for this setting for my wife. +1

2 Likes

Multi user /Multi admin appears to be way over due. How many house hold only have a single person responsible for a home. Most have at least two.

4 Likes

Absolutely! I just installed sense this week and to be honest am shocked to only find out now that my partner and I can’t have individual account or at least capacity to have individualized notifications. Hopefully I’m missing something… this seems to be an old thread so maybe this issue has been solved?

1 Like

Hey there, @seguindaniel . Welcome to the Sense community.

At this time, Sense monitors are connected to an individual log-in. This is an older thread, but we often look through the most “Liked” Product Wishlist threads when gauging the impact of potential product features / developments. If you’ve added a “Like” to the origin post, it’s the best way of letting us know how popular this feature request is among our user base.

2 Likes

Thanks Justin! Loving Sense thus far. Looking forward to being part of the community. I hit “like” as you suggested.
Dan

Really need this.

1 Like

Hey Team

Bump. Thought I’d check in to see if this was now a feature!

Thx
Dan

1 Like