Possible to create multiple accounts connected to same Sense device?

Noted! Thanks for the suggestion. Be sure to ‘like’ the topic so we have a rough count on the # of requests for this feature.

2 Likes

Drives everyone in our house crazy but me. Worth every beep, bell and chime. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Note overlap with this thread, maybe merge:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Previously Submitted to Support :slight_smile:

Apr 11, 10:32 EDT

I would like a contractor to have access to information on my Websense account information.
I would prefer not to provide him with the account name I use (My Account) and passwd.
Also I would like to control things such as changing modification Etc of the interface without allowing my contractor to do it the same.

Hydrawise (My Agg water controller) has a complete system for Contractors as well as my own account.

It might not be a bad idea to do this in several phases.

1. Link two accounts to the same equipment (fairly easy).
  2. Arrange limits control on 2nd acct from 1st acct (Not that easy).

Might allow 2nd account either the App or Web but not both.

Carol
:seedling::hugs::fallen_leaf:

4 Likes

+1 This would also be useful for other purposes, such as letting less technically savvy family members look at the data without the risk of making inadvertent changes. Or also being able to let a friend explore the data on the app as part of deciding whether Sense may be for them (I have done that often with e.g. trendweight.com which plots data from a Wifi scale, and multiple people have gone on to use it based on being able to look at my data).

4 Likes

Just got sense and immediately was looking for this setting for my wife. +1

2 Likes

Multi user /Multi admin appears to be way over due. How many house hold only have a single person responsible for a home. Most have at least two.

4 Likes

Absolutely! I just installed sense this week and to be honest am shocked to only find out now that my partner and I can’t have individual account or at least capacity to have individualized notifications. Hopefully I’m missing something… this seems to be an old thread so maybe this issue has been solved?

1 Like

Hey there, @seguindaniel . Welcome to the Sense community.

At this time, Sense monitors are connected to an individual log-in. This is an older thread, but we often look through the most “Liked” Product Wishlist threads when gauging the impact of potential product features / developments. If you’ve added a “Like” to the origin post, it’s the best way of letting us know how popular this feature request is among our user base.

2 Likes

Thanks Justin! Loving Sense thus far. Looking forward to being part of the community. I hit “like” as you suggested.
Dan

Really need this.

1 Like

Hey Team

Bump. Thought I’d check in to see if this was now a feature!

Thx
Dan

1 Like

Hi there @seguindaniel - not at this time. @kevin1 is currently using Sense with Home Assistant to combine data from two sense units into one consolidated dashboard.

You can see more about this here:

1 Like

I just realized i answered a different question on your follow-up!

At this time, we’re not pursuing multiple logins tied to a single Sense account. Definitely understand the use case you’ve shared, but right now it’s not on our priority list.

1 Like

Hi Justin

Thanks for letting me know. The workaround we’ve created is to have a household email address for all our smart home apps. Everyone then uses the same account to login to the various apps. Some apps like sense seem to allow that whereas others boot the previous user out, but at least we can all jump in when we want :slight_smile:

Cheers
Dan

I can’t understand why it’s not possible for multiple people to log into the same account- my husband and I would both like full access all the time. As far as I can tell, this still hasn’t been remedied?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2 Senses on 1 Account or Account Switching

Please make this happen. It’s too complex if you have more than one location or more than one person on the account. Do you not even want to comment on what your roadmap is so we don’t keep wondering?