Power Quality Chart - not up-dating - Nov 2022

Hi all,

I just wanted to address this power quality issue.
This is an issue where some monitors/users are not updating the power quality data as quickly as many users expect. We are working on significantly improving this project, but it is still in process and not happening yet.

To provide some context on how we handle this issue:

If we have a very large or noticeable batch/majority / all of the users with failed power quality, it tends to mean something didn’t go through in the backend, and we work to fix it.

This tends to be a manual process that only a few people within this company can do, and it takes a significant amount of human bandwidth.

The next major section is when individual or non-related user monitors fail to update. This can be harder as it still requires significant time to investigate and resolve power quality here. This tends to be different as it does not relate to a batch failure or full-on outage and is what is happening now.

I am gathering each user who reports an outage of their power quality graphs that have not been updated within the last 72 hours. I then verify and keep count of them and report the number.

This can help create urgency for the need to resolve this issue and also makes it so I can make sure when we are working on getting this issue resolved, I can check back on the affected users and make sure that their individual issues are resolved.

Unfortunately, at this time, we can not immediately fill each user’s graph with the most recent data, and I do not have a timeline for exactly when this will be resolved.

The main reason for this is that the power quality feature is and never was a fully-fledged feature expected to work 100%. Instead, it is a Sense Labs feature which means it is experimental and can be unreliable or break from time to time. While we do not desire for this to happen, we know they are not perfect. The process is a lot less automated than one may expect, and a lot of work is put into it when there are issues, which is frequent.

Think of Sense Labs as a preview of what we are working on and a chance to try new features for yourself. However, I would be careful to rely on this feature until it is removed from labs and placed in the main section of the app.

Thanks for your understanding and patience, and don’t hesitate to keep the info coming so I can gather and report it.

3 Likes