To integrate my dryer with my Hubitat, I installed an Aeotec Heavy Duty Smart Switch for the energy monitoring. Now Sense has stopped seeing my dryer. I think it’s a simple fix… my best guess is that when wiring up L1 and L2 they got switched, and so now each load is on the opposite leg than it used to be and that’s enough to throw off Sense’s algorithm.
I’m actually thinking about leaving it and seeing if Sense will redetect it. I get a lot of false positives with my stove, so maybe switching the two legs around on the dryer will actually help with that. This isn’t really a question or a problem… just something interesting that I noticed.
Minor gripe: Sense advertises itself as being able to make your home smarter, but fails pretty bad at it imo. I can’t integrate anything directly into Sense without setting up my own server and using an unofficial API. IFTTT doesn’t really cut it; it’s slow and now there is a limit of 3 applets on the free version.