Refrigerator Defroster

Device comes on every 4 days; cycles on/off 3-5 times over 20 mins; Sense suggests it’s a heat source. Any ideas?

1 Like

How often does someone in your family blow-dry their hair ?

Best if you can post a snapshot of that 20 min period so we can see shape, wattage, etc.

Possibly defrost cycle on a refrigerator or chest freezer.

1 Like

not a hairdryer.
here’s the waveform…

The waveform perfectly fits a resistive load (sudden spike with a slight drop off as the element heats up), so yes, it’s almost certainly actually heat related as Sense is suggesting.

2 Likes

Yes. agree. I checked back several weeks - its exactly the same waveform, 8 cycles over about 35 mins, every 4 days. i thought maybe a charger system I have on a parked car for winter - but not able to trigger it.

Certainly sounds like something on a timer. A burst of exactly the same cycles every four days isn’t likely to be due to human or weather triggers.

found it - defrost for spare refrigerator,

3 Likes

nailed it!
Oops, sorry @oshawapilot I posted wrong oerson

@oshawapilot nailed it…

1 Like

I’m wondering if this could be the device I’m currently trying to track down. It shows up as a heating element. The interesting thing for me (as a brand new user) is the periodicity of it.

Then, it always kicks off with exactly a 488W spike. Most of the time it comes in “threes.” But sometimes it’s “twos” or even a single. See the attached.

We own a JennAir refrigerator, Model W10749399 A.

I’ve attached the waveforms as well. I would be incredibly grateful for any insights into this one.

Thank you!