RESOLVED: Is Sense monitoring Down?

I’ve been seeing this for awhile. 30-60min…

I’ve been down for about an hour

Down for 13 mins, Up for 22 mins, down for 21 mins. That’s what I’ve seen in the past ~hour.

Mine was flaking out (live usage graph choppy and slow to update) for an hour or two. Now it seems to be down hard.

I kinda jumped the gun and rebooted my monitor before checking here… lol
I prolly lost some data.

My sense stopped working around 7:00 p.m. on website safari inspect element console show the following error: WebSocket network error: OSStatus Error -9806: connection closed via error

I’ve been down for a bit as well…

Back up for the past 15 minutes

Mine just came back…

Back up here and the usage during the downtime period was not lost.

No information on status.sense.com throughout the incident… bad practice.

1 Like

Sorry about that. We dealt with it quickly and unfortunately missed updating status.sense.com in our haste.

Yes, there was a brief outage yesterday, but it has been resolved.

Are you able to retroactively add an incident to status.sense.com? If so the post incident operating procedure may need updating to go do that.

We’re still doing the post-mortem to figure out exactly what went wrong, but we will post an update at status.sense.com when we have it.

I have this problem now for about 5 minutes about 7:30. 5/10/19 Status.sense.com says all okay. Now at 7:37, I now see data. The does not seem to be a lapse in data. Maybe a sense reboot or?

Maybe something unique to your network? Not seeing anything on our end, and my app has been running fine all morning.

Nothing on my WiFi system as all other working fine. Does Sense module sometimes become unavailable because updating, resetting, or?? Due to short term, that was my guess.

Sense will go offline briefly for firmware updates, but those happen around 3AM ET, so that’s unlikely to be the culprit. If you’re really curious what happened, Support could take a look at your connection history, though if it doesn’t keep happening, I don’t imagine there’s a problem.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.