Sense goes offline and stays offline for extended periods - network test is good

After months of use with no issues, my Sense has suddenly started to go offline a few times a week for hours at a time. The app shows it as offline, but the network connection test is good. I’ve moved my access point 6 feet from the Sense and changed it to a unique SSID, but it still won’t connect. The odd thing is that I get some alerts about my microwave turning on (the one device it has found and that is identified) even while it is showing up as “offline”. This all started about a month ago and so far everything I have tried that tech support has recommended has not worked. Is anyone else having this issue?

Have you contacted support@sense.com ? Recommended ! I sometimes have had luck rebooting the monitor via the 240V breaker.

1 Like

Sense went offline when I added another router to my network. The 2nd router was set as a repeater but somehow Sense did not like the second router. When I unplugged the 2nd router Sense was back on-line. So it looks like that other wifi signals can make the Sense device confused.

My Sense ran fine for two months before developing this issue. I made no changes to my network setup. I’ve moved my nearest AP to within 6 feet of the Sense and set it to a unique SSID just for the Sense to connect to. I’ll see if that does the trick.

I contacted support and went through the reboot and reconnect to my network. That did not initially fix the issue, but eventually my Sense came back online. I could run the network test and it would pass, but my Sense would stay offline for another few hours before reconnecting.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.