Smart plug issues

Yes you mentioned the status page but again you and Sense aren’t being transparent about what is going on but expecting us the end user to give you exact details about our end to help troubleshoot issues. Is the issue on your end a hardware, software, network or something outside your demark issue? Again your Sense status page doesn’t tell the whole story and was last updated on Friday at which point the Average API Response Time meter was all over the place and then shortly after the update was posted the response times went back down and have been pretty consistent since. Looking at the status page I as the end user have no idea what is going on at or with Sense and the page also says under the Past Incidents that no incidents reported today.

Based on my response from Sense support I was lead to believe that my issue was a network issue so I troubleshot from my end with little feedback from Sense to try and fix the issue on my end which I tried different antennas and antenna extensions with negative results and eventually put the supplied antenna and antenna extension cable back on and I finally went and purchased a network Wi-Fi extender because again I was being told by Sense support that my network was too far from my Sense monitor and was making it hard for my Sense monitor to add my smart plugs even though I explained before that my smart plugs were added over a year ago with zero issues with the same exact setup BUT now all of a sudden it was a network issue on my end. Yes I was waiting for the issue to be resolved and going into the weekend I was using the status page that you pointed me to and looking at the response time meter it appeared that something had changed for the better so I continued my troubleshooting on my end. I was running out of things to check and I wasn’t getting anywhere and I was having a bunch of issues with my Sense so I decided to move forward and decided to do a Reset Data in the app which I have pointed out that once I did the data reset I was able to get my smart plugs added to my device integration and the smart plugs were showing up almost immediately which tells me that it wasn’t a network issue and it was something to do with my Sense monitor. So again I have explained what I have done on my end and you say I shouldn’t have moved forward with a data reset even though I saw immediate positive changes after doing it.

Right now I have continued to work on my Sense monitor. I opened my power panel this morning and figured out that one of my mains CT clamps was on backwards so I removed it and placed it on the main line correctly. I remember that when I first installed my sense meter this issue was discovered during setup and my Sense monitor was able to fix the issue electronically instead of making me physically fix it but this time it seems my Sense monitor was unable to do this. My mains readings are looking good so far and I am waiting for my signal checks to complete before I move forward with turning on my solar and reattaching the solar CT clamps back into the Sense monitor. I was also able to turn on network listening and smart plug integration with positive results again and I have gone through all my smart plugs and disabled control and turned off showing them on the timeline until I figure out which ones I want to see.

I found the post about signal checks and it said it could take up to 48 hours to complete so I went ahead and decided to enable solar in my Sense app. The CT clamps were still attached in the power panel so I went ahead and plugged the solar cable into my sense monitor and ran through the setup in the app. It appears to be reading the mains and solar lines correctly this time BUT as soon as I did my solar setup I got an error message say Sense identified a problem with my installation so I’m not sure what’s going on now.

Oh and just a quick edit to this. My actual solar system was turned off yesterday and I didnt turn it back on until after I started the enable process in the Sense app.

The error message that I got on the Now screen is throwing me off because my Signals section under setting looks good now and even my power meter screen is looking good as you can see below.

Okay so everything was reporting smoothly so I decided to turn Philips Hue integration and then everything went to crap again. I am not sure if this was coincidence that it happened at the same time that I turned on that integration or if the Sense team is doing something to my sense monitor from their end or if this is an issue that I am having with my Sense monitor itself. My mains and my solar signals are reading completely wrong and my solar signal is only showing one leg now. I am going to wait a few minutes and then I am going to attempt another data reset and this time leave the Philips hue integration turned off.

@mike_gessner I would definitely reach out to Support here via your existing thread and share the issues you’re currently experiencing. We have limited ability to see the back-end cause of any issues you’re experiencing here, so before resetting your data again I would recommend contacting Support just so they can verify where exactly in our system you’re seeing an issue and guide you from there. The answer may be another Data Reset, but I would recommend holding off on changing anything for the time being and working with Support to resolve the issue.

sent another ticket to support through the app at noon and nothing back from them. If the issues that Sense was having were fixed on the 30th then they have nothing to do with the issues that I am experiencing with my Sense monitor and and the issues that I was having over the weekend while I have been trying to get my Sense monitor back up and running.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.