The big Smart Home Deals sale topic

HS300 for $20 off today for Prime Day:

And Sense is $40 off if you’re looking for another or for a gift. :partying_face:

2 Likes

When you visit the amazon link, scroll down a little and you’ll see where you can get one “renewed” for $5 less at $54.99
I buy a lot of these “renewed” items and they are usually brand new, never used. It appears they are returns.

1 Like

The HS110’s are back in stock at Walmart for $15.99. Walmart price is the lowest I’ve seen currently.
http://walmart.com/ip/48695645?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=147&adid=22222222228036250118&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=57332447378&wl4=pla-89655176018&wl5=9014315&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=48695645&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu--ig9iN5AIVhsDICh1UwAsPEAQYASABEgLNbfD_BwE

3 Likes

Dang. I missed it again. They back to the HORRIBLE price of $34 each.

Yes they are still over $30.

Pretty excellent deal if you’re looking to get into Philips Hue.

3 color bulbs + bridge for under $100.

1 Like

Yeah that is a great deal.

Has anyone tried

I am interested in a monitor for my cabin, I like the Sense, but probably not looking at doing this all over again at the cabin. I think I only have about 5 devices identified since Sept. 1

And it’s only $45, or $70 with 4 additional CTs

This product looks lackluster at best. Per-circuit monitoring is cool but not having device level monitoring is a big loss. Since this is for a cabin the additional features of sense may not matter.

HS110 plugs are on sale $16.99 at Amazon. They’re refurbished though. Debating on whether I want to get a couple.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07KZLWR7G

2 Likes

They are worth it.

I’m sure they are. I just hesitate to buy anything that’s electrical that’s been refurbished.

I purchase a lot of Amazon “refurbished” items. I have yet to receive anything that wasn’t simply a return. Ninety percent is just open package but never used.

Does the HS110 cover both outlets? One of the things I’d like to plug into one is an air purifier in our bedroom that runs most of the time, but I have other things plugged into the outlet as well. It looks like it covers both outlets but I can’t find a definitive answer. I could possibly put a power strip there and plug the outlet into the power strip, but that adds more wires… Still might get one for my network rack and PC though.

The HS110 does cover both. But for non-aesthetic applications you can buy a cheap 8” 3 prong extenders to get past that issue, or go with the outlet strip approach.

1 Like

It will cover both outlets unfortunately. That’s the one drawback.

I installed an Emporia Vue plus Expansion Module (with 8 CTs) in a sub-panel last week in order to get device-level monitoring for some hard-wired devices (e.g., stove hood, dishwasher, boiler, air handler, Level 2 EV charger) that are the only devices on each circuit. The hardware works pretty well but the Emporia app is kinf of kludgy – you don’t get a list of devices with the energy used by each one updated dynamically (as is the case for the Sense app). With Emporia you get a list of circuits (including the sub-panel mains) and have to select the one you want to monitor. It would be REALLY nice if Sense could do an integration with Emporia in order to get direct measurement of hard-wired devices (including 240V devices).

2 Likes

Just thought y’all might want to know that Amazon currently has a 2 pack of “renewed” HS110 on sale for $19.99. I’ve generally had good luck with Amazon’s renewed items. I’m thinking of grabbing a set; one for my computer and I’m not sure what I’d do with the second one yet. Maybe just use it as a “traveler” that I can move around to various devices for a couple of days to see what they’re doing.

1 Like

@waterboysh careful there. These are 100 not 110:

5 Likes

Thanks for the warning. I didn’t notice.