Usage stopped updating

Status page states that the issue was resolved however, my monitor now has been offline for about 4 hours… since 7:47AM EST

@peter.allaert , for me, it depends where I look. The Power Meter is back online but the Trends section shows Offline if I look at the past couple days. For me, it looks like my Sense monitor and the cloud did fine collecting the data (Power Meter for missing timeframes is getting filled out again), but Sense must still be lining up backfills for Trends and Timeline summarization.

Yes, I find the status reporting a little disingenuous.

• Jun 3 lists an unresolved monitoring incident, but then Jun 4 does not.
  • Yet it is clearly not (fully) resolved. All components, from login to alexa skill are reported operational.
  • I would certain consider client API and monitoring API not fully operation. These are used by the (web)app and this app is not reporting data for 1-3 days.

Additionally, while it appears, so far, data is not necessarily lost, the “catch up” process, while perhaps working, is not actually catching up. Last night around 1AM it would show historical data (for me) through Jun 3, 1AM. Now, almost 11 hours later it is showing data through 6AM. That is 11 hours real time passed, but only 5 hours “caught up”. At this rate sense will not catch up!

3 Likes

@kevin1 my sense does not seem to do anything - it just tells me “Your monitor is offline “ in the “Now” tab and stopped updating earlier this morning in the “Meter” tab.

And even realtime is not fully working. Here is my power meter just now. I can assure you that, in reality, my solar production did not suddenly drop from 7,000+ W to zero in that period.

and here is how that same meter looks a minute later:

You can see what happened with that “drop”. It got filled in (somewhat).

My sense has come back online and history is entirely caught up.
Looks like whatever the issue was, it seems solved; at least for me.

1 Like

I’m getting current useage and production, but no stats since yesterday:

I use the Sense Integration for Home Assistant, and my Energy Dashboard is blank for today. I would hope for better updates from Sense. The issue is only partially “fixed.”

:unamused:

Mine is real time only, all historical for the last few days is also missing.

I think/hope that while it is catching up with the missing data, it is also populating the realtime data but just not showing it yet. Basically it can not have a gap.
So once all the old data has been caught up to the point where it started functioning again, we will see both caught up & from the last few days while catching up.

I hope i am right :wink:

Mine has slowly been coming back and it appears to be getting faster as I see [peter.allaert] has posted they are back to 100% So, as people get to 100% I can only assume processing will get faster and eventually catch up. Patience is the key. I was disappointed at first but realized there has to be an ungodly amount of data for computing power to crunch. So, all in all thumbs up to the support team.

Even if you click on Dashboard → Usage → Day? Mine shows offline there even though it’s not.

I’ve noticed that the “offline” warning routinely appears shortly after midnight every day, while the server calculates the data for the previous 24 hours. Seeing it now is a sign of everything being slow to update. The data is there, I just speculate that the server cannot cope with all the back-dated number-crunching caused by the outage, perhaps because there is some sort of hardware failure somewhere.

2 Likes

Mine still showing off line since Sunday morning.
Starting to slowly fill in now.

Hi everyone, we did experience an outage over the weekend that caused monitors to register offline. Our engineering team immediately worked to resolve this issue. Since then, monitors should be back online; however, some data may need to be populated. Our team is still investigating and working to restore any missing data. I recommend bookmarking our status page (https://status.sense.com/) and following our Twitter page (@SenseStatus) to stay up to date. If you are still experiencing issues, please contact our Support team: https://help.sense.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Thank you!

2 Likes

My monitor started having the same issue a couple of days ago. As of today it is still having the same issue. Is there a get well date yet?

Hi @JuliaAtSense - Like others have reported, my realtime meter seems to be working great, but my usage and solar charts and data have not been populated (and are not populating even for current usage).

Per your message, the support team are working on this. Can I confirm that I should just remain patient and wait for the support team to “do their thing”?

You do NOT need me to log a support ticket, correct?

Thanks,

Mike

Just got my fist entry for today for 12AM. So, Still 17 and half hours behind. By my math it looks like I am getting about 1.3 hours of data per hour. I am guessing maybe by the end of the day tomorrow to be caught up.

1 Like

Looks like mine has finally caught up.

Well, I guess I was wrong. I have got 4 hours of data in the last hour. Maybe its faster once you are on the same day. I will be 100% in a few hours. Finally this is over. Thanks Sense for fixing this.

I am fully updated.
I gotta say after checking my utility meter I am pretty impressed the Sense didn’t loose the data. For as bad as it was, it could’ve been worse.