[BUG] - Not tracking usage

I also have the same problem. In the Sense app on iPhone, the graph of usage and solar generation stops at precisely 5pm PDT (to the second) on Friday 18th March 2022. Initially I thought that maybe my Sense monitor hardware had failed or gone off-line for some reason at precisely 5pm, but in the “Now” view it continues to report the current live data correctly. And if I look at the power meter view, it shows correct data for the last few minutes, but nothing earlier than that back to 5pm Friday. See this example screen shot. Here the Sense app at 7:05am is showing current usage of 1623W, and history for the last five minutes back to 7:00am, but prior to 7:00am it just shows a solid pink block, which seems to convey “unknown” or “error”.

1 Like

Same issue here. I just submitted a ticket to support but they are closed until 8am ESt Monday.

1 Like

Same for me. Data missing says it was offline however never received an email or notification about the monitor being down.

1 Like

Same for me. Seems like a broader system issue.

Somewhat disappointing the status page doesn’t accurately reflect the outage and is leaving a lot of people scratching their heads hopelessly troubleshooting something that’s out of their control.

1 Like

Mine appears to be working again. I powered down the monitor waited about 15 seconds and restarted at around 1145pm PST 19 Mar. Now 11 hrs later it shows its tracking everything correctly since the restart.

1 Like

Is all of your historical data that was collected during this incident appearing, or is that gone?

I’m nervous to shut off the monitor since I know it caches power consumption activity while there are issues, and it’s generally lost if power is interrupted before the connectivity issue is resolved.

All the data is still there after the restart. Unfortunately during this issue before the restart, only the Total was tracked with it being categorized as Other. Now the data is being properly categorized with the appropriate devices.

2 Likes

I am going to wait for Sense’s response. We shouldn’t have to troubleshoot this, sense should give us some direction. Apparently no one works on the weekend or monitors the system during off hours so we will probably have to wait until Monday.

I really hope the data isn’t lost.

1 Like

I did a power cycle in the meter again about a hour ago. It back filled the usage. However all the usage for the last 2 days falls into “other”.

Since the power cycle, it appears to be working normal.

**edit … Nope, went right back to putting everything into other right after I posted.

1 Like

Same issues with my monitor.

1 Like

Mine has been out since noon on March 18. Device detection working, but no minute-by-minute data except last ten minutes or so. Have removed power twice, once yesterday and about an hour ago, but still no continuous date

1 Like

Ditto… Sense stopped Saturday so no current usage. I can see real time, but no history.

1 Like

Someone is defiantly working on the weekend. Mine is defiantly back to normal … since 4-5pm est

No change here… Still have no trending data on my daily charts since Friday (18th) at 4pm PDT, and my weekly and monthly charts show nothing after Thursday the 17th…

1 Like

Mine still offline since Friday night…

1 Like

Same. I can see the past 5 minutes, but nothing for about a day now. I can see a list of device usage though.

Of note, my ‘trending’ bill amount took a dive today, looks like it’s not counting the missing data.

1 Like

I’m still waiting for Sense to give direction on clearing this up vs just wanting to go do a reset since I use my bill trend to make sure my utility company is somewhat aligned with usage.

1 Like

March 19 at 8:20 Pm EST the monitor went off line and it stoped giving me historical data. First it was the day view in the usage tab on my Solar production, but now the week view is not displaying any data.

1 Like

Hi everyone - this is a bug we’re looking into. If you haven’t already, please write in to support@sense.com so we can continue to track and diagnose the issue.

I’ll post an update to this thread once resolved.

4 Likes

Also had the same issue- I turned off my Sense breakers (have 2 units). All is good now and the missing data was repopulated

1 Like