Is there a Sense Outage - May 31 10am ET

Yeah… I should have checked here first too… The problem is that I received this email and followed the directions… I think the message should probably suggest going to the support forums to see if it is a service wide problem or not as the first course of action…

Now that we’ve all experienced this service wide outage, I am going to try and remember to check the forums first in the future…

1 Like

Just add my name to the list, tried both the iOS and iPadOS versions starting about 9am PDT, the ‘bubbles’ page just keeps trying to load. However, no error messages, and nothing shows as off line, just won’t load data. Network is fine, Sense devices is connected and pingable.

Same issue here. Network test good but Network offline.

Well, the good news is it seems all data is still being captured. Just miss my bubbles for my Home Assistant automation

1 Like

I wish I checked here first, wasted a lot of time troubleshooting this…

2 Likes

One day into Sense - ended up resetting my data and repositioning the CTs when the device stayed offline. They really need better availability reporting. The status page said online all morning.

1 Like

Sense status page now reporting a partial outage:

I have been down all day (monday 31, 2021) as well.

As with others, I wish I checked here first. I just wasted an hour troubleshooting, rebooting Sense, router, WIFI, etc.

1 Like

At least now their status.sense.com site is acknowledging an outage

1 Like

btw… i checked the app, still cant see the main page with bubbles or anything in devices

However, in the home screen all day it has been showing devices that are coming off and o n

Seems to be back for me as of a few min ago.

I think I am back up again…

Looks like Sense somehow preserved most of my data, with the exception of the data I lost due to the breaker reset… I don’t think I would have lost any data at all if it weren’t for that reset…

Sucks, because I reset my router and my access points too (in the process of troubleshooting)… I know it’s no big deal, but I like to track my network continuous uptime, and this needlessly reset the metadata on my router… Oh well… No harm, no foul…

Same here… I got most of my data back, except approx 15 mins - so no biggie.

This was a significant outage. I hope they share with their customers what happened and why it took so lon.

Back online here in Celebration/Kissimmee Florida.

1 Like

I’m still offline here on the Oregon coast.

Yes looks good now.

Will the device hold the data for the day and upload when the servers are up or will we lose the data?

Celebration/Kissimmee Florida is also down like the rest of you. Seems like it’s been down since about 1:30 PM 5/31/21.

Mine came back and the only two “holes” in the data were the two times I tried power cycling the Sense unit. About 10 min each.

I didn’t catch it for hours actually and I came here first to confirm! Glad I did looks like all my data is there. Tomorrow my utility company starts a peak rate for the first time and going to be watching sense like a hawk for high usage 2pm to 7pm lol everything is set and scheduled runs primed. Wife also informed LoL. Love this community help for the outage!