Power Quality Chart - not up-dating - Nov 2022

Translation.

Don’t expect fast fixes or incremental updates to that fix 1 problem and create 5 others.

There will be a longer time in between fixes so hopefully no more than 2 errors will be created for every error fixed.

2 Likes

Hi,

I have no expectations.

I view this as a team process.

I was told at one point that the Sense team appreciated the feedback.

If it is not needed or desired, I have no need to provide the feedback.

With all the flooding and weather out here on the West Coast, I have been keeping a watch on my Power Quality. There have been numerous outages around us, mostly due to trees falling on power lines, but we haven’t experienced any (knock wood). Three things to notice.

1. I’m seeing regular updates, though slightly more than 48 hours behind.
  2. The date related bugs seem to have been fixed (“last 30 days” and date interval are correct)
  3. I have seen more than my usual number of Voltage Spikes and Dips (5 instead of usual 0 or 1), though the number is less than most Sense users.

Sadly Justin left Sense on April 6th. Wonder if @JuliaAtSense would be able to get you an answer?
Unfortunately the Labs Power Quality feature is not working. The engineers at Sense have been unsuccessfully trying to figure out why for about a month now.

It appears to be working for me.

1 Like

@jeepcherokeeoffroade,

Yup - looks like we’re back on the road again. My history right now goes back to Nov 20. And it still looks like there is a little weirdness in the part that says “last {{0}} days”. But I’m very happy to have it back !

Ya looks like still some coding issues but atleast it’s working now

1 Like

Graph still stuck on Nov 9 here

Although “recent voltage dips & spikes” already mentions 10/30 as a date.

same

different version firmware make a difference here as this should be on server i would think?

EDIT: And speaking of which, why is November 9th 11:59PM - November 9th 11:59PM showing 24 hours of data?

1 Like

Look closely at your graph - December 3 7:58PM - December 3 7:58PM yet showing 24 hours. That’s probably why you are showing {{0}} Days

1 Step Forward, 2 Steps Back

1 Like

Web & Mobile graph & recent dips & spikes still stuck on the 9th.
Looking at current and all previous screen’s now show the same date.
November 9 10:59 - November 9 10:59, November 8 10:59 - November 8 10:59, etc…

At least we can definitively say we FINALLY got the attention of someone at Sense who alerted engineering to start working the issue.

1 Like

Ok, so mine has been stuck on the 9th of November for obviously over a month. Saw others had this issue too but wasn’t seeing the resolution. Little help, please.

Hi @phil.garver, I had posted this update in this thread here regarding the Power Quality issue:

We would like to follow up on the issues you are experiencing with the Power Quality feature in Labs. First, we have identified the issue and are updating the service and implementing some updates to add more stability going forward. We have also streamlined our internal processes to better support Labs, and in the future, you can contact support with any issues you experience in Labs and we will respond in a more timely way.

We understand that the Power Quality feature is important to our users, and rest assured, this has been escalated internally within our team.

2 Likes

Sadly Justin left Sense on April 6th. Wonder if @JuliaAtSense would be able to get you an answer?
Unfortunately the Labs Power Quality feature is not working. The engineers at Sense have been unsuccessfully trying to figure out why for about a month now.

Fixed some time near the start of 2023

Appears to be broken again as of end of January 2023, at least for me.

1 Like

February 2023 - Update fyi:

My power quality chart is up to February 1 1:57 am — February 1 1:57 am.

It is giving me “voltage dips & spikes” info from over the past 30 days.

1 Like

@chris5,
Thanks for checking in - mine has only been updated to Jan 31, so I guess I’m seeing the same.

@Kathy seems to have a slightly more recent update.

Hi all!

I have been looking into power quality lagging behind. The requisite team is aware of this and working on correcting the backlog of updates. This issue affected many but not all or most users. Since this involves some manual fixing, when this will be done depends on several factors, but it shouldn’t be too long. So if you find that your power quality doesn’t update after about a week, let me know, and I’ll check back.

Thanks again for your patience and feedback. This helps makes our Labs features better.

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Leg Voltages Showing as 0 in iOS iPhone (and Android) Power Quality